Lesson #6 "Noah...Prepared an Ark to the Saving of His House"


To read this week's lesson in the Old Testament Student Manual go HERE

Question:
What are arks that we should be building? What are some "arks" that we can take refuge in?

Quotes from the lesson:

"When it starts raining, it is too late to begin building the ark. However, we do need to listen to the Lord’s spokesmen. We need to calmly continue to move ahead and to prepare for what will surely come. We need not panic or fear, for if we are prepared, spiritually and temporally, we and our families will survive any flood. Our arks will float on a sea of faith if our works have been steadily and surely preparing for the future." W. Don Ladd from his talk "Make Thee An Ark"


President Spencer W. Kimball explained that when Noah built the ark, “there was no evidence of rain and flood. … His warnings were considered irrational. … How foolish to build an ark on dry ground with the sun shining and life moving forward as usual! But time ran out. The ark was finished. The floods came. The disobedient and rebellious were drowned. The miracle of the ark followed the faith manifested in its building” (Faith Precedes the Miracle [1972], 5–6).


Such an interesting diagram!


Some perspective on the size of the ark. What a massive endeavor! 





Lyrics to "Build an Ark" (Friend Magazine, 2010)
This song was in the primary program this year and it is darling...Caroline loves listening to it in the car. It totally encompasses the spirit of the lesson and highlights characteristics of Noah that we was are all striving to develop.


Noah was a prophet, a man who did not fear.
When he taught repentance, the people would not hear.
So the Lord told him to build a boat
That could hold a ton and stay afloat.
Then Noah started building and said within his heart:
“I will build an ark before it starts to rain.
I will follow the Lord and do all things in His name.
I’ll prepare ev’ry needful thing. I will walk in righteous ways.
When the rain starts to fall on me, I’ll be ready for that day.”
I can be like Noah. Yes, I can be prepared.
I can build my ark, and I’ll find safe shelter there.
I can do the things I know are right.
I can learn and pray with all my might.
And then when storm clouds come, I’ll be safe within my ark.
I will build my ark before it starts to rain.
I will follow the prophet, for he speaks in God’s name.
I’ll prepare ev’ry needful thing. I will walk in righteous ways.
When the rain starts to fall on me, I’ll be ready for that day.
A link to the song can be found HERE

Comments

Popular Posts